COMEBACK Program needs Support! For every FIVE (5) participants in COMEBACK, we need ONE (1) Support to walk alongside them. Thus, each Support will have a maximum of five participants under your care. The role of Support is to come alongside your team of five to be the cheerleader and guide to help them gain mastery over games. The Support needs to complete the COMEBACK in-house training.
If you have the qualities below, you are the Support we are looking for:
- Love people and seek their best. This does not mean you have to be an extrovert. An introvert loves people too, in a different way.
- A gamer. Just so that you understand the gamer participants you are walking alongside.
- Commitment and Consistency. You have to walk alongside your team throughout the 6 sessions of COMEBACK. You will need to arrive earlier and stay later for the sessions and be prepared to give yourself to them beyond the 6 sessions as a buddy.
Minimum education is O Levels and above 21 years old.
Support applicant MUST complete the following training and COMEBACK Team will determine your suitability for the role:
- 8-hours of classroom training at the dates and time stipulated. You will learn basic group facilitation, basic counselling and also be orientated to the culture, format and program of COMEBACK.
- To be a Support Trainee for 1 cycle of COMEBACK or COMEBACK Express. 1 cycle is all 6 sessions of COMEBACK or COMEBACK Express.
After the successful assessment of your training by COMEBACK Team, you will officially be a COMEBACK Support. A certificate will be awarded. For future COMEBACK or COMEBACK Express, you will be paid for your heart work as a Support. This is a freelance position. For those who are holding a full-time job, you can choose to be a Support for COMEBACK on Saturdays. Details about the freelance position will be provided after successful assessment.
We welcome former COMEBACKERS to join us as Support. Your experience of mastery over games will be very inspiring and encouraging for your team.
The training cost of the Support is fully borne by COMEBACK at the moment.
Upcoming Training Dates (Compulsory to attend both):
- 25 Nov 2019 (Mon) 6.30pm – 10.30pm
- 27 Nov 2019 (Wed) 6.30pm – 10.30pm